The Benefits of Using Massage Gun
After a long day of work, an intense workout or a relaxing day off, there is nothing better than getting a massage. Going to the massage therapist every day can be very expensive and consume a lot of time. With all the different types of massage guns on the market today, it may not be wise to purchase the first one you come across. Take some time to analyse the features and settle for the best.
Over the past few years, massage guns have become very popular recovery tool, finding favor among doctors, professional athletes, trainers and fitness enthusiasts. These handheld devices are meant to make you feel better by increasing blood flow, breaking up tension, decreasing soreness and improving range of motion - all things can lead to better warmups and faster recovery.
- Increase Sports Performance
The main purpose of a massage is to help relax the muscles and relieve tension in the body, which would help shorten the muscle recovery time between workouts.
- Advanced Vibrational Healing & Powerful Pain Relief
The vibrations from the massage help improve blood and lymph circulation around the body, which helps produce more oxygen and nutrients into the muscles. The result of this is speedy recovery, improved range of motion, pain relief and relieving muscle fatigue and soreness. Pain in the neck, shoulders and lower back can easily be relieved with the advanced vibrating effect from massage guns.
- Activates the Nervous System and Muscles
Massage guns help stimulate the receptors of the sympathetic nervous system, which causes vasodilation in the skin and muscles, thereby releasing tension and helping the muscles relax while improving mobility.
- Relieves Muscle Spasms and Stiffness
The massage gun works by applying pressure to the muscle, tendons, and ligaments to help them become relaxed, thereby reducing spasms and painful contractions.
- Faster Recovery
Sports performance is also improved, as the massage guns help increase power and performance, which makes the muscles more flexible and efficient.
- Wellness Benefits
There are many other health benefits of massage guns apart from relaxing the muscles and alleviating pain. This includes increased mobility, improved sleep, and improved immunity. It is also helpful for depression and anxiety, fibromyalgia, digestive disorders, and stress-related insomnia.
Image you could carry a massage therapist around with you everywhere. That’s possible with the new developed tool that usually comes with hand bag and its compact size makes it easy to carry.
How to use the massage guns
The Theragun aids in helping move lactic acid out of the muscles that you fatigued during exercise, which makes it ideal for workout recovery. Theragun can also be a solution for those who are too sensitive to deep tissue massages, since the device can produce a similar effect without the deep pressure that can be uncomfortable or painful for some people. There are just 6 steps required to use the massage gun:
- Massage guns can be very powerful. Turn on the Theragun without putting it on your body and rest the Theragun on your muscle.
- Its recommended to start on larger muscle groups like your glutes, quads, calves, lats and traps until you get the hang of navigating the gun. It is important to avoid bones. If you hammer away at a bone, you will likely won’t cause any damage, but it’s not going to be comfortable.
- Rest the Theragun on your body - don’t push or change the pressure speed of the Theragun.
- Move the Theragun slowly and let it float.
- If you hit an area of tension you let the Theragun rest on that spot for around 30 seconds, you don’t have to push hard (it is important to not add additional pressure).
- Breathe - big long inhales and exhales and you’ll experience some cool relief.
Before You Try It
Although the Theragun has many uses there are some safety precautions to keep in mind. You should exercise caution when using the gun on muscle sprains, strains, injuries, and broken bones. It is important to pay attention to how your body is responding and back off if something doesn’t feel right. It’s best to consult your doctor before using a Theragun or similar device if you have any injuries, chroic health conditions or if you are pregnant.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.